- American Evaluation Association Task Force Statement on ‘What is Evaluation?’ (2014)
- Fournier, D. M. (1995). Establishing evaluative conclusions: A distinction between general and working logic. New Directions for Evaluation, 65, 15-32.
- Patton, M. Q. (2000). Overview: Language matters. New Directions for Evaluation, 86, 5-16.
- Gamble, J. (2006). A Developmental Evaluation Primer. Montreal, PQ: McConnell Foundation.
- Dozois, E., Langlois, M., Blanchet-Cohen, N. (2010). DE201: A practitioner's guide to Developmental Evaluation. Montreal, PQ: McConnell Foundation.
- Scheirer, M. A. & Schwandt, T. (2012). Planning evaluation through the program life cycle. American Journal of Evaluation, online, 1-32.
- Evergreen, S. & Metzner, C. (2013). Design principles for data visualization in evaluation. New Directions in Evaluation, 140, 5-20.
Entries Tagged as 'Conferences'
March 23rd, 2014 · Comments
November 7th, 2013 · Comments
Couldn't make it to AEA2013? In this episode we share our own personal highlights of the conference. By the way:
- the Twitter hashtag for Michael Quinn Patton is #omgmqp.
- Sheila B. Robinson gives a great summary on her blog here.
- the evaluation typology map that Kylie mentions is here.
Finally, don't forget to check out Chris Lysy's hilarious cartooning of the conference.
July 4th, 2013 · Comments
Are you a technical specialist, or a social change agent? Or as Dan Wilson at the Ontario Trillium Foundation says, "Are you part of the Rebel Alliance, or a Jedi Knight?"
- Jane Davidson's ebook, Actionable Evaluation Basics: Getting succinct answers to the most important questions
- Stephanie Evergreen's webinars and book
- SROI Canada
John Gargani's Evaluator Doll John Gargani's slide on evaluators as social change agents.
Jane Davidson discovers Tim Horton's. Anita Myers using data clicker at final plenary.
Don't forget to tell us your likes and dislikes!
James & Kylie
November 5th, 2012 · Comments
Neither James nor I were able to make this year's AEA conference ... so in this episode we chat with our most excellent reporters on the ground, Pat Mueller and Amy Germuth. You'll hear their personal highlights of the conference as well as the views of various attendees on what was hot and major take-aways.
What was YOUR major take-away from the conference? Leave us a comment below.
Kylie & James
September 13th, 2012 · Comments
Our special guest for this episode is Susan Kistler, Executive Director for the American Evaluation Association, who gives us a sneak preview into this year's upcoming conference (Oct. 22 - 27, 2012) as well as some tips for both newbies and the seasoned attendee.
James & Kylie